The Municipality of Leamington's transit bus service serves the urban area of Leamington. The transit service is operated by Switzer-Carty Transportation Inc.
For the convenience and comfort of our riders, our buses meet the Ontario standards of accessible vehicles and have the following features:
- A ramp at the doorway that may extend on request and has space and anchors points for two wheelchairs
- A kneeling feature that lowers the step height of the bus
- Air ride suspension to provide a smooth ride for passengers
- Air conditioning and heating
- Bike racks
- Cushioned cloth seats
- Verbal announcements of next stops
Route and Schedule
There is one regular route that passes through residential, commercial, and industrial areas of the Municipality. The route has been laid out to allow the most passengers to only need to ride a portion of the route to get to and from their destinations.
There is a "Erie Summer Route" that runs up and down Erie Street between Wilkinson Drive and the Marina/Waterfront area. This route operates Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays from the Friday before Victoria Day up to and including Labour Day.
Please view the Leamington Transit Schedule and Map to see details of the routes.
Fares and Rates
View transit fares and rates.
On days when both the regular route and summer route are operating, transfers are possible from one route to the other route at designated transfer points as shown on the Leamington Transit Schedule and Map
- A transfer must be requested when you pay for your fare on the first bus and can only be used by the person to whom it was issued.
- Transfers will not be issued to passengers boarding with a previously issued transfer.
- Transfers are not to be used to board a bus on the same route.
- The transfer ticket is valid for 2 hours from the date and time punched on the transfer ticket by the bus operator.
Please note that the schedule times are estimated only and the buses may be running late due to traffic conditions along the route. Buses on the intersecting bus route will not wait at transfer points for late buses so transfers are not guaranteed and you may need to wait for the next scheduled bus if a transfer is missed.
Tips for Riders
View tips for riders.
Lost and Found
All articles found on the Leamington Transit buses are taken to the lost and found at Switzer-Carty Transportation Inc. located at 10 Seacliff Drive East in Leamington. Items will be retained for 60 days and then disposed of.
View transit advertising rates.
Erie Shore Community Transit
The Erie Shore Community Transit is operated by the South Essex Community Council and offers door-to-door transportation to eligible seniors and persons with disabilities in the Leamington, Kingsville and Wheatley areas using agency vehicles that are walk-on, walker and wheelchair accessible.
Visit the Erie Shore Community Transit website for more details on eligibility and services or please contact:
South Essex Community Council
215 Talbot Street East
Leamington, Ontario N8H 3X5
E-mail South Essex Community Council